Sunday 18 October 2009

One Passion, One Game

Usually, since their kids are little, parents want them to be involved in some kind of activity like football, tennis, art, dancing; something that will develop their physics, character, creativity. In my case it was exactly the opposite. I had one interest and that was volleyball unlike my all other friends boys who played football primarily. Unfortunately, my father also thought the same way and wasn’t very fond of me playing volleyball, so I listened to him and enrolled in a course for karate.
It wasn’t that long, when my “turn” came. In ninth grade I started to play volleyball as an outside activity in the college. Step by step I got really into all of the practices, our coach, the whole team, and the emotional intensity that all of the games brought to me. However, “the volleyball event” that changed me pretty much happened that year on the ACS Open. We seemed to have a very strong and united team. I played in the so called varsity team, whit the bigger boys. With all of the previous trains I got much attached and I felt really happy to play with them. On the tournament, as a team, we won game after game. We were playing with great passion and expectations to win even the first place. We got to the semi-final and after a tiring match we lost. During the game the tension exceeded all limits and it said its word-we started to fight between each other. We began to make stupid mistakes and blame each other for them. On the opposite, the other team was working as a well-greased machine and was making many successful attacks, which we could not resist. After the game, there were many tears and disappointment, but still we had to play the last match for the third place.
One hour went by and we had to face another school in a volleyball battle. We didn’t talk to each other much, we looked very disappointed and stressed, but still each one of us has kept last forces to play. The game was one of the most dramatic ones and I gave everything for the win. Slowly, we became the united team from the beginning of the tournament. We played 5 sets and with the rest of my forces I made the last two points. The joy was unforgettable, the happiness from the success also. The whole team managed to get up after it has felt. From the bottom, we managed to reach the victory again.
This tournament will stay a remarkable event in my life. Even know when I think of it tears fill up my eyes. I learned two greatly important lessons that stay for a lifetime.
They are people to which you really got used during a period of time. Each one of them is an individual with a unique character, but when it comes to work in group you should really try to fit with their personalities. As in this case, we were one team who should perfectly coincide with each other in order to win. And everything was perfect when we were united and played with a common will for victory. We supported each other, encouraged ourselves, helped to each other. The failure came when we separated and started to fight. The first lesson from that day was that if you want a group to work and success you should stop think about yourself and your personal issues. You should think about the people around you and try not to argue or create conflicts, or as the Old Bulgarian proverb says – “United Company can lift a mountain”.
Not on a second place was the fact that we actually fail to win ACS Open. We tried and we failed. But when we fell, we stood up on our feet one more time to take our last chance and win. When I thought about this moment later, I realized that the real failure is in stop trying to achieve what you really want. And if the volleyball match was only a game, we are actually given only one life and if we want to come out winners from it, we should give everything we can and all of our passion. People should not give up when they meet an obstacle; they should even become more determined to achieve their goal.
When people really love something, they would do anything to succeed in it. They would learn to play in a team; they would lose and then stand up to win again. But if you da really love the game, you would play it with passion and succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment